Thursday, January 29, 2015

Some Kid stories

Chloe News:
This just made me laugh- "Shirk"  - just a girl saying she needs to go potty.


 She has been checking the mail every day, waiting for her friend to write her back.  Last week she found a letter from our political party, asking for money.  She saw the letter and got very excited when she saw the word "party."  She thought it was a party invitation.  She also thinks it is very unfair that Don and I get so many letters every day,  I try to tell her I wish I didn't get so many letters every day.  Because that is one of my least favorite jobs.  Mail sorting.  I keep thinking, surely there couldn't be any more new medical bills, but I am continually proven wrong.

Chloe asked me to buy some "cream o' cream" like she has at Grandma Mary's house.  I also remember loving cream of wheat. ( I loved it lumpy)  She requests it every day.  And every day I leave it in the pot too long and have to let it soak an entire day to clean it out.

Oscar:
Is almost 7 months and I need him to really quit growing so fast.  I am really loving this age.  He is finally sleeping mostly through the night.  He started on food.  He loves it.  He loves plain rice cereal and peas just as much as he loves bananas and peaches.  Maybe we will have 1 less sugar addict in the house.  
He can sort of sit up on his own but mostly prefers to have someone hold him as often and constantly as possible.  
He loves bouncing in his bouncing thing and he loves his baths.  
So pretty much he is doing what babies are very good at doing.  Including being over the top cute and the apple of my eye.
(oh and on a side note, my nerve damage from having him is about 85-90% better.  It has taken 6 months and I am still hoping for more improvement, but to say I am grateful is to understate the gratitude and relief I feel that my body has healed)


 (Chloe learned about fires at school and gave us a nice lesson and illustration of how to escape in case of a fire. You can see she has drawn where all our doors and windows are)

 I've said it before.  And I will say it again.  Baby boys should wear overalls (and no one else).  And they should also all own a hat that makes them look like a paper boy.

 Macie:
I love 3 year olds, well she will be 4 next week.  (cue emotional sentiments about not wanting her to grow up)  She attended a party a couple weeks ago that she actually really, really enjoyed, even though the picture would tell you otherwise.

 Her BFF is Brookie, who affectionately calls her "Mace."

She loves eating granulated sugar.  She also loves eating dried cranberries, which was a complete shock to me because they are a real food source.  The other day I heard her spitting some of them out and when I inquired what she was doing she was told me she was eating "sloppies"  but they were giving her "weeds" in her mouth.  So I guess she was spitting out the "weeds."  Which is a whole lot more Macie-esque than eating dried cranberries.

She went running with me the other day and afterwards sat on my lap in a sad state of affairs.  She told me she had a "broken heart" from running and that it made her sad.  She thinks that your heart beating really fast means it is broken.  Running makes me sad too.

I made the girls boiled eggs for the first time recently and they actually really liked them.  In fact later that day Macie asked if I could make her a "spoiled" egg.
I mean, come on, look at that kid. Isn't he perfect?

No comments: