Thursday, January 29, 2015

art gallery

Chloe drew a bunch of pictures and then had an art show in her bedroom, in which Don and I both were to pick our favorite pictures and "buy" them.  We have created an art gallery in our hallway.  I was pretty impressed with her display, she titled each piece and placed it in the hallway very professionally.  I think she was inspired by my recent endeavor as  volunteer art masterpiece teacher at her school.  (Basically I go in and talk about a piece of art once every two weeks.  Last week was my first time.  I was reminded that 1. I forgot everything I learned in college about art.  and 2. I forgot how a room full of children still intimidates me) I hope I get better at it.  I like visiting Chloe's classroom.  For some reason I have been feeling so sappy and sentimental lately, like more than usual. Perhaps it is because Chloe turns 8 in May.  Perhaps it is because our 10 year wedding anniversary is in April, and I cannot fathom that we have been married that long, and that 10 years used to seem like so much time, but now seems like just a little blip. 4 years of High School and College was a distinct time in my life that seemed to last forever, now when I think about 4 years ago, it feels like last week. I don't like it.  Also, my kids just keep getting bigger, and there is nothing I can do about it.  I feel like clock keeps speeding up, and I am constantly trying to slow it down.  See. I told you I was sentimental and sappy lately.  

I brought in Chloe's picture of "Anna" to illustrate a concept to her class. She turned bright red, but I know she secretly loved it.
Macie also contributed to the Gallery.  she said this says, "Mom, Come to my party."  She has the letter "M" perfected.  That's good. The letter "M" is a popular letter around this house.

 Throwback from Don's birthday, Chloe made Don a map to find his special note she created for him.
"You have been seacrt birthday! that means you have to flowow the map! look on the back!"


No comments: