Thursday, October 22, 2009

I was very happy Tuesday. I was almost caught up on my truck loads of laundry. I had all the beds made with new sheets too. Ask Don. This never happens. The elements of the universe were all combining in my favor.

And then a series of unfortunate events befell the Mortensen household.

7:30 PM Chloe falls asleep in the car. Placed in twin bed for the night.
8:00 Melissa watches Glee (hooray) and eats a McDonalds apple pie.
9:00 Chloe wakes up mad.
9:10 Chloe gets put in queen size guest bed. Melissa lays next to her to calm her down and get her back to sleep. Success.
10:30 Chloe wakes up crying. Chloe has peed through the entire bed.
Chloe gets new pajamas and is moved back to twin bed.
10:45 Melissa lays down with Chloe again, once again to calm her down. She gets a bottle of juice (don't judge). And falls quickly asleep.
11:00 Chloe wakes up wailing again. The bottle top has fallen off the bottle and orange juice is now spilled over Chloe and twin bed. New pajamas. And now the only bed left is Mom and Dad's bed. Not comfortable, but we are finally all asleep.
2:30 AM Chloe wakes up crying again. Cannot calm her down. We go sit on the couch and watch the Sing-A-Long Disney princesses, thinking she would be fast to sleep after "A Whole New World."
Nope. Chloe is wide awake.
3:00 I give up and take her back to the queen bed which is now sort of dry. (I am washing the sheets today lest any of you think I am gross AND I did try to spot clean it right away).
6:00 Melissa finally moves back to her bed and Chloe stays in the guest bed.
7:00 Chloe comes crying into Melissa's room.

Good Morning.

Nap time will be coming early today. And Chloe better be ready to say hello to her crib. At least that is only one small sheet to wash.

And I will spend my day doing laundry. Again.

2 comments: