Friday, October 30, 2009

Bad Habits

It all started with the bed bugs.

Chloe's room was quarantined and she got used to me laying by her to get her to sleep.
Truth be told, I liked laying down by her too.

But as of recently I have realized it is disrupting my sleep quality. Now she has to have me sleeping by her ALL the time. And by the morning there is usually an extra person in our bed. And some how the smallest body takes up 70 percent of the bed. Plus I am waking up with continual backaches as my body is in different contortions to adjust to the 2 year old.

So last night I said, no more. Time to get everyone sleeping in their assigned beds.

Of course it did not go over so well with one member of the household. (Don was not happy he was told he had to move to another bed. just kidding....)

As Don and I were lying in bed, we hear the pitter patter of little feet and then a wiggling of our doorknob. And then-a lot of wailing. We stayed strong. After a few minutes we heard the wailing get quieter and quieter.

And then...we hear the tv.
We laughed.

And after a few minutes Don went to go see what was up. There he found Chloe laying on the couch watching the food network.

And now I realize I have two habits to break. Beds and TV.

But at least she was watching the food network. Now that's a girl after my own heart.