Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Luncheon

My sister in law Leonore started a Mother's Day Lunch every year. I love it. The theme is "salad." I was tired of making my traditional spinach strawberry salad, which I have to bring every family function, because everyone is totally in love with it...how's that for humble...well I take no credit for nature's talent of making the combo of spinach, strawberries, cheese and bacon so entirely scrumptious. I just happen to be the person who throws all those things in a bowl with a sugary dressing. No talent there! Anyway, I decided to make a pasta salad (courtesy cousin Erin and her recipe binder. see cuz, I DO use it!) Well me and 2 other people had the same idea-so there was a bounty of grape, pasta, chicken salad left. And perhaps that is where my mistake came in. Now I have a mystery to solve.
First the clues: 1. Ran 5.25 miles in the morning. And by ran, I mean ran. I went with a friend who runs much faster than me, even with a baby stroller in tow. (oh side note-so how come I have been kicking my butt every day to lose the "hmhm" pounds I have gained over the past 3 awesome months and IT IS NOT WORKING)
2. Drank a ton of water while running. Ate no food. When finished running I dry heaved all the way home in my car. That was pleasant.
3. Made a ginormous bowl of delicious pasta salad.
4. So did 2 other people. So I had to eat that ginormous bowl of delicious pasta salad all by myself.
5. Walked in high heels for like 38 hours. I know, my fault, but they were really cute shoes.
6. Went to some friends house to play games and could barely walk my legs were so sore from said running and high heel walking.

Okay those are the clues. And now for the mystery. On our way home from our friends, my headache went from like a 2 to a 10, and suddenly my urge to up -chuck grew by astronomical levels. And that is exactly what I did when I got home. And popped 2 Ibuprofen and a tylenol. And an hour later I was finally feeling like I could skip the emergency room. Okay, okay I know I am a little melodramatic, but come on, you know people talking about being sick is really, really boring. I had to spice it up a little bit.

Chloe tried her little best to comfort me, which was sweet, but when you have a splitting headache a loud squeaky voice in your ear that keeps saying, "Mommy, was wong with you?" over....and over...and over....again.... And then patting my head like it was pizza dough...not that helpful.

Anyway, I feel much better this morning. And like I said, wondering what in the world caused me to want to inhale my leftover vicadin. Although now I have to think twice about that because I read some story about some guy that said he had a really bad migraine and was going to take some strong pain stuff and go to sleep. but he decided not to, and good thing, because if he did, he would have died because he was having an aneurysm. Which is probably a story a hypochondriac like myself, should not read. Besides that, yesterday was a pretty fabulous day. Here are some pictures.



My Mother-In-Law....she is spectacular.



Oh excuse me, I have to go run to the commode looking at that pasta salad....
Well...I hear my husband is planning on making me crepes this morning. Happy day!!
Although, he said he plans on going back to sleep for an hour before doing so.
Unfortunately, my not so subtle hints for a certain wreathe, fell on deaf ears.
He thinks wreathes are pointless.
I respectfully disagree.
A wreathe on your front door is like, "Hello! Welcome to our little cottage! We are nice people and have cookies baking in the oven!" (won't you come in...and we will shove you in the oven like that witch in Hansel and Gretel...)
I just love old fairy tales. Aren't they so sweet?
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Trav and Ab said...

What a fun tradition, the luncheon not the headache! Hope you had a great Mothers Day!