So today I made Chloe and myself some lunch, and she wanted to eat it in the room with the tv, hence so she could watch tv.
And I said, "No Chloe. I want us to sit in here together and talk while we eat."
And she said, "Uh, no phanks."
Well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also for months now I have been in search of the perfect skirt. But I don't think it exists. All my favorite places have let me down time and time again.
So I googled "skirts" and "Coldwater Creek" came up.
And I had a sudden flashback to about 1995.
My Mom used to get their catalogues in the mail, and my favorite thing to do was look through it and read all the product descriptions because they read like bad romance novels.
I thought it was hilarious.
So I of course went to their website.
Unfortunately it looks like they must have hired some new writers, because the clothing descriptions are not nearly as amusing.
Oh how I wish I could find some of the old ones...they said things like:
"As you are walking through a field of daisies blanketed with the fresh dew of morning, a gentle breeze sweeps your perfectly white linen skirt, which so delicately brushes against your legs, and so beautifully contours your slim waist, while flowing effervescently to your mid-calves, and suddenly, you feel like a child again."
I made that one up. The ones in the catalogue were equally as bad.
The current catalogue, is improved, although still mildly amusing.
This is real:
"White as a June cloud. Delicate as a snowdrop. Just the sight of this shirt is enough to make you feel fresh-and not only that, it's more comfortable than you would ever imagine. The soft knit body is spliced in front with a pintucked panel of snowy cotton lawn, delicately daisy-chained in oversized eyelet. While the lightly fitted bodice eases into soft fullness above the waist, skimming the hips."
You know...do you think they are hiring writers?
Because I desperately want this job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment