Well the truth was, Don sat on my gum. And now we have to figure out how to get the gum off his suit pants.
This weekend was fun though. Friday night we went on a double date with our new friends "The Carrs." We went to a Cuban restaurant with live music. It was quite cozy and delicious. I like Cuban food. Well, the Cuban food I had. We had plantain chips with black bean dip (tasted exactly like chips and salsa), some black bean mystery balls with avocado dip, steak and rice and beans. Oh, and chocolate bread pudding with ice cream. I had a magnificent time.
Usually Don hides his halo for pictures, but sometimes he just can't do anything about it, especially when he is extra nice, like when he told me I could order chocolate bread pudding even though everyone else was stuffed.
I on the other hand look like a pregnant man (which I am neither by the way, but would like to be one of those things, your guess as to which one).
Saturday morning I made a scavenger hunt for Don. I decided to do something nice for Don this year. His birthday is New years and looked over, so I thought he deserved a holiday. I put my poetry talents to work (I have an uncanny ability to rhyme simple words like "beat" and "eat.")
Anyway, it was a scavenger hunt down memory lane, ending at South Mountain, where we had a Chinese food picnic, where we had to fight off bees and give dirty looks to people who wanted to come and steal our Ramada.
We tried to take a hike, but Chloe put a damper on that. She took a few steps down a path and said, "K -Me" (carry me)..."Don't feel good Mom."
It was true, she didn't feel good...but I have a sinking suspicion she most likely didn't feel like hiking and pulled that little phrase out of her knee high socks.
Sunday we went to church.
And Monday morning Don brought me cream cheese filled crepes from Village Inn because to tell you the truth, Sunday was kind of lame.
I love crepes.
1 comment:
I'm glad you've adopted calling us "The" Carrs. Ok, well how else would you say it really? It's like how Jason called his roommate "The Keck". It just feels right. Sorry your Sunday was lame. That explains why you were so interested in talking so long on the phone about certain cousins of mine...Also, is there a requirement that our comments have to be as witty as your blog posts? Seriously.
Post a Comment