Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The broken pieces of my world are slowly coming back together. Knock on wood.
First of all, I THINK the bed bug ordeal is under control now.
And I think I can add exterminating to my list of "skills" (along with computer hacking and num chucks).
Secondly, my laundry room has gotten a face lift. It used to be stained disgusting concrete, and now it is fake wood!
Hey, I never claimed it belonged in Better Homes and Garden, but this is a major step up.
I am thinking if my laundry room is not grotesque, I will enjoy being in there more, and thus, my laundry will cease to be the bane of my existence.


Thirdly, I now have a working kitchen faucet. For the past week or so, or longer... I have lost track...every time I tried to do dishes water sprayed in my face and on my window. Normally I wouldn't care about my window. But Don paid for a maid to come wash my windows, hence I cared about my window.

And so I am feeling very happy.

And as a sidenote, I decided to throw these away.
I received these as a going home gift from the hospital after Miss Chloe was birthed.
I never opened them.
And I probably never will.

I am thinking the advice is probably not much better than the advice running 24 hours on that new mother channel in the hospital.
"Don't leave your newborn in a bath of water unattended."
"Change their diaper after each bowel movement."
"Do not drive with your baby in your lap."
"Do not give them knives to play with as toys."
"Do not feed your newborn caffeinated or carbonated beverages."
"Call 911 if their crib is on fire."

You know things like that.

And for my own amusement, I like finding these little self portrait jewels on my camera.

That is all.

No comments: