Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ironic


A lunchtime conversation:
Don: Is that a new shirt?
Melissa: Yes. I got it awhile ago. (okay so like a week ago) Old Navy was having a buy 2 get one free sale.
pause
Don: You can't wear that shirt.
Melissa: Why?
Don: Because. You don't believe in that.
Melissa: Huh?...Oh. Well that is just rude.
In case you can't tell, my shirt says, "Soak up the sun."
I suppose it might be a little ironic.
But I can't help it if fair skinned freckled women age the worst of any population group.
Just look at Lindsey Lohan. She looks what, like 57? Of course, the sun is probably not the only thing she should stay away from.
But I have to say, I am diggin my new buy 2 get one free t-shirts. They are light weight and very breezy. And as I said before, I am anti camis and with these little babies, I need no undershirt, thank you very much.
I bought one with a sea horse and one with a corral reef. And then I ran out of pictures and had to choose between words. I couldn't find any words that I could really take up as my cause. They were all a little too hippy for me. And so I settled on "Soak Up the Sun." I thought, well I don't really do that, but other people do, and the beach is a really nice place. Also I bought it because it was in dark purple. And I don't have a dark purple shirt.
But "Soak up the Sun" atop a fall hue is also a little ironic too, don't you think?
Ya a little too ironic, ya I really do think.
The next million dollars goes for anyone who can name the artist and year for that little diddy.
By the way, I don't really have a million dollars. But you can have my purse lint.
Also, how is it that I only got a half inch taken off my hair today, yet it looks the same as 6 months ago? I will never have long(er) hair.

1 comment:

ME said...

It's like rain on your wedding day. It's a free ride, when you've already paid. It's some good advice that you just didn't take. And who would have thought it figured?

Ha! I love that song. Alanis Morisette - 1995ish. How is it that I'm the first one to get that?