Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh where oh where has my little mind gone, oh where oh where can it be...

Today.
Today I had one goal.
Just one.
It was to find Don's wallet.
You see, it was lost all last week.
Every day, "Have you seen my wallet?"
And I would say, "No."
Then, when I was searching for the remote control last Friday, I found the wallet. Underneath the couch.
I called Don with great jubilation to tell him the news.
He was joyful as well.
By the time he came home, a mere few hours later, I managed to lose the wallet.
That's correct. I found the wallet. Then I lost it.
Today I tore apart my entire house. The entire house. Places I wouldn't even think to hide something from invading thieves.
No rock left unturned. No haystack untrifled.
My dad even joined in the search.
My heroic father even sorted through bags and bags and bags of gut wretching trash.
I still can't believe he did that.
Without gloves.
No luck.
Frustration does not even begin to describe my inner most feelings.
I wish I had never found the wallet in the first place. Because me finding it, then losing it, places the responsibility of losing it in my court, even though I wasn't the first person to lose it.

I finally gave up. And I calmed myself down with my Tuesday dose of American Idol, and the premiere of "Glee." And I was happy.

And then I went to go do my dishes.
And my garbage disposal broke. I am not sure if it was the raw carrot or the plastic spoon.

And I shall go cry now.
More money. Down the drain.
Literally.

4 comments:

ottspot said...

You might just need to clear out the garbage disposal and hit the reset button. I think they all turn off automatically when they get jammed and then there is a reset button on the unit in the cupboard under the sink. My children have jammed ours twice by throwing pennies down the sink which then jammed under the blades. Luckily my dad happened to be in town both times and fixed it.

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

That totally sucks, I'm sorry. So no sign of Don's wallet?? That is weid I hate it when that happens to me! I hope today went better for you!

Megan Busath said...

...maybe the wallet is jamming up the garbage disposal....
- younger cousin you never hear from

Liz said...

I was going to say maybe the wallet is in the garbage disposal. That would solve both problems.