Friday, May 8, 2009

Would a rose by any other name, smell as sweet?

This probably speaks to how bored I am right now.
The government does do some great things. Like putting out lists of popular baby names.
This move by the government, I fully endorse and support.
Way to go! Yeah government!

Did you know that Chloe was #16 on list of most popular names in 2007?
I bet you didn't. And I bet you don't really care.
Now it is #10.
At least we beat the rush.

Melissa was #5 in 1981, the year of my grand entrance into this world. Uh, now it makes sense that when I went away to college and was surrounded by trillions of people my own age, when someone called out "Melissa!", 13 people would answer, "What?"
And now it is #134.
Moral of the story: Now would be a good year to name your child after me.
It would be a tremendous boost to my ego.
And your child will never have to share their name.
And sidenote, is my name really that 80's??
Hi I'm Melissa! I was born in the 80's. But you knew that already didn't you, because my name is Melissa. At least it is not Tiffany....no offense. I don't recall any blog readers named Tiffany, if there are, my deepest apologies.

Don was #268 when he was born, and now the last time it even made the list was in 2001 when it was #871.
But this, I already knew.
When we first met and I asked his name, he said "Don."
And I said, "Don? Is that short for Donny, Donald?
"No, Just Don."
A 3 letter name. Short. Simple. Easy to pronounce. Great for 1st graders.
And a great middle name for some future son.

If you are bored too, tell me what you find out about your name. It's super fun. Oh excuse me, I've got to run! My paint is drying and I am afraid I am missing it!
http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi
Tell me, is your name a poster 80's name too?

No comments: