So I am sort of a closet romantic. I love a good chick flick. But it has to be a certain kind of chick flick. I am not into the ones that involve people having affairs because the one that fate should have them with is not the one they are with.
I don't believe in affairs. No matter what. Just saying.
I like a nice, innocent, and charming love story.
I have My top 4 romantic movies listed here. That's right. Top 4. I could not think of 5. But these 4, I fully support and endorse these 4.
Maybe you could add to my list.
#1 Pride and Prejudice
Come on. Who is not in love with Mr. Darcy. My 15 year old self thought he was dreamy and my 28 year old self still finds him so. This is one of the best scenes in the movie.
He is just so darn in love with her he can't think straight.
However, in real life, if I were in her situation, I might think it a little creepy that a man I didn't really know was obsessed with me.
Although, he does have some nice credentials, so I could write off his craziness rather quickly.
We all want a man to change JUST for us, don't we, so romantic....
#2 Gilbert Blythe. The school boy of my dreams
My sister and I would watch this movie together and then secretly rewind all the scenes with Gilbert Blythe longingly looking at Anne from a distance. You know it is true Liz. Well I did, if you didn't.
My sister still holds a torch for Gilbert Blythe, although is somewhat disillusioned by his post-green gables film choices. Apparantly in real life he is not an early 1900's school boy.
Also, what the heck took Anne so long to figure out her best friend was also incredibly hot!
In real life, "he would have pitched her." (that is a little play on a quote that the true 13 year old fans would get)
#3 While You Were Sleeping
I don't care what you all say. I love Bill Pullman.
And lastly #4 Sound of Music.
And how in the world can I not find my favorite scene on You Tube?
It's the gazebo scene. They profess their love to each other and then what do they have to do, they have to ruin it by singing.
Okay, don't get me wrong, I love singing and I love music, but sometimes the song is like an annoying fly, you just want to flick it away for a few minutes. It can come back and bug you later...but not in the middle of something really good, like eating your flame broiled hamburger.
Seriously. In real life, don't you think the guy would be a little annoyed that out of nowhere this girl starts singing a song about how "wicked" she used to be, like 3 inches from his face, right about the time he was going to kiss her. Awkward!
We should all try this in real life. Next time someone is going to kiss you, start singing a song about yourself.
If you are married, your husband will probably forgive you, but if it is a date, you might have just kissed that relationship good-bye.
So long, farewell..and all that German stuff.
What is your favorite, rewind that scene, movie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so there with you on Anne of Green Gables. The only thing we hated was that we sat through 4 VHS tapes and they finally kiss at the end (after your marble halls quote:)) and they roll the credits within seconds. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!!!LOL Let us enjoy it a little bit...
I love Bill Pullman in that movie too. My favorite scene is when they slip on the ice and he rips his pants and then she rushes upstairs so she can watch from the window as he walks away.
Anne of Green Gables and While You Were Sleeping are two of my favorite movies!! My sisters, mom and I have an Anne party every New Years. Our favorite quote from While You Were Sleeping is "these mashed potatoes are so creamy" - it is used at least once every Sunday dinner where mashed potatoes are served!
Post a Comment