That is what I felt Friday, May 18, 2007.
My little Chloe had finally made it to earth. Safely. And both of us survived.
I had wanted her for so long.
I had a blood clot back in 2005 in my leg.
A lousy nurse practioner had told me in the aftermath that I probably shouldn't have any children, because it might be too risky. Pregnant women are more likely to get blood clots.
She was lousy, and wrong, by the way.
But her words stuck with me and I
was afraid she was right. After a year of prayer, I finally convinced myself I could do it. I could be pregnant. I could do it. I could give myself shots of blood thinner everyday. Yes, shots. "I think I can, I think I can."
So I was blessed with a quick pregnancy. Thankfully that was not something I had to endure.
And I prayed for a girl. I probably shouldn't have done that, but I really, really, really wanted one.
And I got my wish. Better than my wish. She is better than any of my fondest dreams. My prayers were

answered. Again and again and again.
She is the joy of my life.
There are no words.
She reminds me every day that I have a mother too.
We are connected through her.
She might not be here with me physically, but Chloe reminds me that she is with me spiritually.
I know whose Chloe's gaurdian angel is.
Chloe did a lot of this in her first 3 months.
A lot.
And I won't lie. I did a lot of this too.
We both had a lot of things to figure out.
And I think we have both gotten better at our responsibilities.
Less crying, more sleep, more smiling are just some of her many aquired skills and techniques.
As for me the same applies. Less crying, more sleep, more smiling...makes for a better mother.
My little Chloe, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you...forever....and ever and ever...and ever....
"There will always be mothers, and they will always be endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth." Marjorie Pay Hinckley
"There will always be mothers, and they will always be endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth." Marjorie Pay Hinckley
6 comments:
Hmm...I highly suspected you loved that little girl.
Loved this post.
You are such an amazing mommy! Happy birthday Chloe!
happy birthday Chloe! May 18th is such a special day!!
happy birthday Chloe! May 18th is such a special day!!
That is one of my favorite entries, ever...awesome...also, love the new header picture. Thanks again for the awesome post, me and Becky loved it, made the Beckster cry...God bless motherhood. thanks,
Dave, Becky, and Mimi.
Post a Comment