Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer

Well it finally got hot here.  Up until the past 2 weeks, it has actually been quite pleasant.  I was beginning to wonder if my memory had failed me, and perhaps summers in Phoenix were not as bad as I remembered.  That was silly!  Of course they are!  But the good news is, Mother Nature was kind this year, and we got through May and even a little of June without too much trouble.  I actually even enjoyed being outside.  See, and Don thinks I always complain about the weather, Not always.  Just when it deserves it. :)  Don told me he would pay me 5,000 dollars if I could go an entire year without complaining about the weather. I told him that was a lot of money. He said, "Ya, but you are not ever going to be able to do it."  Sadly, he is right.  I complain about the weather as easily as I insert the phrase "and I was like" into my common conversations.
We have been having a grand ole time.  A lot of swimming.  A lot of play dates.  A lot of afternoon naps after heavy playing:



 I thought this was funny.  The girls were using their towel like a costume.
 We have a membership to the children's museum which gets us out of the house and they can make all sorts of messes there, instead of just at our house.

 And then we go get Slickables ice cream sandwiches down the street.  It has become our summer tradition.  Macie gets the birthday cake ice cream cone every time.  Chloe is partial to the ice cream sandwiches.  And I beg them to let me have a taste, they reluctantly oblige.
 They found the dollar store makeup kit.  Some real high quality stuff.
 Macie was going for the Beetlejuice look.
 The girls at a swim meet. They felt a few drops of rain so they brought their dilapidated Disneyland umbrellas.


No comments: