Friday, June 5, 2015

Last Day of School

 We have been in denial that 2nd grade was ending and that Chloe will get a new 3rd grade teacher. She has had Ms. Coxon for 2 years and she has loved her.  On the last day of school, I ran into Ms. Coxon and we both started crying because we are so sad about the transition. Ms. Coxon sent home a letter to Chloe that was the sweetest letter I have ever read from a teacher.  Chloe didn't even want me to read it because she felt like it was just for her, so I won't say what it said.  But it made me very proud of Chloe.  Chloe has a sweetness and a goodness about her that is so unique.  She is thoughtful, inquisitive and sincere.  She cares about people, she cares about doing things the right way, and she cares about making good choices.  And she is funny. And so smart. And so kind. The other day she told me I didn't need to get all dressed up and "fancy" to go to the pool. She said, "Mom, I always think you look perfect.  Even when you aren't wearing your makeup."  I mean...where did she come from?? I obviously love my Macie and Oscar just as much and they are amazing little individuals too!  I have odes to write for them too.  I don't mean to be creating any sibling rivalry here!  All of my children are perfect.  And I am allowed to say that because I am their Mother!  And they cost a lot of money.  I want to always know that they are my sun, moon, and stars.  Nothing in the world is as precious to me as they are.  Anyway.  We gave Ms. Coxon a bracelet as a thank you gift, it had a compass charm as a symbol for her job as a teacher and Chloe wrote her this note.

 "I will never forget you."
 (this is just a shot of chloe trying on a dress that I tried to convince her to get instead of the other one she chose. I settled for a picture)
I found Chloe had written this note on the white board in our office.  It said:
Dear Whiteboard, today is my last day of school. I am going to miss my teacher a lot. she is a great teacher. I have good news though. My Mom asked Miss Coxon if me and her could have a brunch at kneaders, Kneaders is Miss Coxon's favorite place to go eat. My wish came true. Now I will get to see miss coxon often. miss Coxon is a really nice teacher. When I didn't have lunch money she bought me a lunch so I woulnd't be sad.after school i went to swim practice. When I was done swimming I went to the mall so I could get Miss Coxon a present. We got her a charm bracelet. The charm was a compass. The compass meant guiding the way.


No comments: