Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

Don far out weighs me in making a person feel special.  We tried.  But came up short.  Of course, he was number 8 out of 10 kids and his birthday is on New Year's Day, so he is used to not being the center of attention and is very easy to please. The girls put up streamers and we made him a little video.  We gave him a breakfast burrito before he scurried off to bishopric duties at 7:30 am and then slaved over lunch, freezer section orange chicken.  We did make him his favorite cake, tres leches, and the girls did a great job helping, er I mean, eating the batter.  After he got home from church at 3 pm from all his new responsibilities, we basically lounged around the house the rest of the day.  I probably should do Father's Day Part 2 today, since I think we fell rather short on Father's Day Part 1. Don really, truly is all those cliche things people say a Father is on Father's Day.  There is no one like him. He is forever optimistic.  He never gives up.  He is forgiving.  He loves everyone and gives people the benefit of the doubt.  He puts me and the kids first and cares about making us happy.  His needs and wants are placed on the back burner as he works to makes the needs and wants of the kids and I, a reality.  And that is what makes him happy, making us happy.  He gets up early every day, and goes to work which makes it possible for me to stay home with the kids.  This is the greatest gift he gives me.  He is just good.  Down to the bone, good.  He is a better person than I am.  And I really mean that.  When the kids are grown, they will be able to look back at their Dad and say, wow. I was lucky.  Because Don, he's a one in a million type of guy,

No comments: