Monday, June 22, 2015

Baptism part 1

Chloe was baptized May 23rd with her cousin Paloma.  It was a special day for all of us. 

 Here is a picture that makes my legs look like large tree stumps.
 The girls were given a blanket by Aunt Kay during her talk on the Holy Ghost.  The blanket is to remind them that the Holy Ghost is the comforter.  Her talk was so great.  She gave the girls different things to teach them the different blessings of receiving the Holy Ghost.  That evening, Chloe, Macie and I were laying on the blanket outside, looking up at the stars, and I asked Chloe what her favorite part of the day was.  I wouldn't have been surprised if she told me, playing with my cousin or something along those lines. But she told me, "How I felt when I got baptized.  And when I got the Holy Ghost.  I felt happy inside.  It's a feeling I never had before.  I felt calm and happy. Not an excited happy, a calm happy."    I hope she will always remember how she felt that day.  I am writing this down for her, and I hope she writes it down herself in her own words.  I hope that as she goes through her life, these experiences build upon each other and her faith will grow and mature.

No comments: