These are probably the best cupcakes. Ever. I mean it. I stole the recipe from my friend Robyn and I hope she doesn't mind me sharing the recipe. I just want all of you to make them and eat them because you will be smitten. They literally melt in your mouth.
Cake:
1 yellow cake mix
1 c. flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 c. water
1 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1to 2 tsp almond flavoring
1 tsp. vanilla
Pour into cupcake pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12-18 minutes.
Frosting:
1 package cream cheese
1 C. sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
Beat everything together but the whipping cream. Whip the cream in separate bowl, then fold in with all the other ingredients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Mottsy's Kitchen,
It has been way too long since I've heard from you.
Respectfully,
HLC
P.S. Thanks for the cupcake recipe.
I want these. I even went to buy almond extract at the store last night...and then I couldn't bring myself to pay $7 for the little tiny bottle. So sad.
Erin! Wal Mart has an imitation almond extract for much less. I know you are a culinary snob and only shop at Willams Sonoma, but I think you should settle on behalf of these AMAZING cupcakes.
Post a Comment