Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Well, Chloe turned 4 today. And it is a poor time to have a Birthday being that we are in the middle of orchestrating a move and remodeling. I haven't even had time to feel nostalgic about it.

Last night we fell asleep with some pretty imminent things not done on our to do list.

We have been trying unsuccessfully to decide on paint colors. And if you really want to make an indecisive person insane, present them with 4 bazillion colors to choose from. It is not like there is just one "tan." Oh no....this tan has hues of pink, and this one has hues of yellow, but be careful because if you go too much one way, before you know it you have peach! And it is not the 80's anymore so that would be bad. I have spent too many hours of my life fretting over shade variances between almost identical swatches of color.

Anyway, we were contemplating paint last night and had all the swatches and such on our bed and Don said, "Well let's decide in the morning. Let's sleep on it. Literally." He so funny.

Well the morning came and then we had a roof dilemma. So we headed over to the place where you can look at roofs. Some guy gave us unhelpful info and Don commented later that he was a "Know nothing Know it all." He so funny.
I think he coined a phrase worthy of a t-shirt.

Then I went to Wal Mart to pick up stuff for our last minute Birthday hoorah.
Chloe said she wanted strawberry cake. And had it been a different time in my life, I would have liked to actually make her a cake. Alas, I bought already made Angel Food cake and threw on some strawberries and turned the regularly scheduled play group into a party. I don't think she knew the difference and was satisfied with her "party."

Then we came home and realized that our street was being resurfaced. Doy. So we had to park a zip code away. Which really was unfortunate being that I had a lot of stuff to carry to the car for Chloe's party. Including Macie. She was one trip.

And the rest of the day continued as crazily and now I am home. And my house looks wretched and my clean car is thrashed. And I still have only picked out one paint color.

And now that I have expressed my feelings for this day, I will press on and go tackle my disgusting kitchen.

Or I might go get Chloe's free Krispy Kremes.
Yep. That sounds like a better idea.

3 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! Mellissa call me some time.

Liz said...

Mmm, Krispee Kreams. And I can get them now that I am in Utah! Thanks for the idea.

HeatherC said...

Can I see the paint colors? I will decide for you. There are many easy ways to decide if you'd rather do it yourself. Rock, paper, scissors, perhaps. Or maybe you'd prefer eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Seriously, you're just going to live with these decisions for the rest of your life, or until you paint again, so no pressure.