Saturday, May 28, 2011

Some people are in denial. I know this because I am looking for a couch. So I am looking on Craigslist.
And like I said, some people are in serious denial.
If something was from 1988 how could they be "barely used."
Although, I tried to sell my Razor Phone for 40 bucks on Craigslist, not realizing I couldn't GIVE that piece of crapola away.
So I can admit I have no room to judge.

Also. Does your neighborhood get as many solicitors as I do? For the past 3 days in a row someone has come to my door wanting money. And when they tell you they are collecting money for drug addicts who are trying to get back on their feet...or when you can tell the person themself probably has a substance abuse problem and wants 10 dollars to spray paint your house number on the sidewalk....what do you do??
I would like to save the world, but I don't have enough money.
Maybe I could teach the world a song. I have heard in jingles and such that that could solve all the world's problems.
"I'd like to teach the world to sing..." You know the diddy right? Didn't your Mom listen to folk music too?
Somethin' like that. Although some people are tone deaf so that might not save the world either.
Well, I will keep thinking.

Two days ago this guy who looked like he had just graduated from the School of Hard Knocks, came to my door and said he was looking for work and asked if he could paint my address on my curb for a few bucks.
I said, "I'm moving!" Which seems to not deter anyone because I use this excuse every time and every time they have some come back like, "Oh your insurance will pay for it!"
Anyway, he said he would give me the "moving special" which was 10 dollars.

I am pretty sure he made up the moving special. And I am pretty sure that I got charged more than the regular special.
But I am a sucker so I agreed.

Now get this. The very next day ANOTHER guy showed up with the same rigmarole. I was not home, Don was. And he was not aware that I already paid someone the day before. And so he paid this guy 5 dollars to REpaint our curb!
I ran into this guy in the driveway while he was doing it, confused I said, "Uh, this was just painted yesterday."
And he said, "Oh, I saw that, that is why I gave your husband a deal. 5 dollars."

I am pretty sure his "deal" was the same price as his regular customers.
So total cost to get curb repainted: 15 dollars.

And...the Mortensens got suckered again.

Did I already tell you about my "free 5x7 and photo shoot"?
Ya right.
When I am presented with adorable pictures of my posterity, I have no agency, and of coarse there was nothing cheaper than $___. I am too embarrassed to say.
But you will see. You will see that my children's faces are priceless and I should not be expected to refuse their permanent smiling faces.

Sigh.

2 comments:

HeatherC said...

Well, for only $1 I will RE-repaint your curb. That is a special friend discount available only in the next 24 hours. And I am homeless.

M.M.M. said...

Heather-you are hilarious.
Good comment.