Dear Diary,
Here are some funny stories. Well I think they are funny.
Yesterday I fed Macie a spoonful of macaroni and cheese. I had been spoon feeding Chloe (okay I know she is too old for this, but I just wanted the kid to eat). I realized something was amiss when I heard Macie crying and not really eating the food. And then I said, "What in the world am I doing feeding Macie macaroni and cheese!"
I quickly ran to the sink to rinse out the poor thing's mouth.
And yet another check mark in my "Examples of Me Losing My Sanity" book.
Today I wore a pink skirt to church. Chloe saw this and said, "Mommy! I wear my pink dress like you!"
A few minutes later she came in my room wearing her pink poofy dress, white tights and sandals.
The tights and sandals were quite reminiscent of my Doc Martin sandals and socks faze.
She might have been able to pull it off had it not been that the sandals had a spot for her big toe and the tights didn't fit all that well around it.
I didn't want to discourage her, so I told her "I don't think you should wear the tights, it is going to be too hot."
To which she replied, "Is Teagan wearing tights today?"
And I said, "no."
And she said, "Oh! I go take them off then!"
Then I realized that this is not the lesson I want to teach her, that she should just wear and do whatever her peers are doing. First it is tights, next thing I know she is smoking cigars in the alley.
So then I tried to say, "Oh well if YOU want to wear them, you should. You don't have to wear the same things as your friends."
But it was too late. Teagan was not wearing tights so she definitely was not wearing them either.
The adventures in mothering takes another unexpected turn.
And lastly, yesterday I went to the store to look for drapes. Did not find drapes, but I did find a lot of things that I didn't know I wanted. Well I restrained myself and only walked out with a pink broom, which is what Chloe chose as her reward for being a good girl at her grandparents. This was a proud moment in my life. Although she is not using the broom much for sweeping but has found it makes a nice barricade for her parents, and an excellent tool for accidentally hitting people on the head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't see Chloe on Sunday but Autumn sure talked about her pink sparkles...... peer pressure is an understatement. Oh and I spared you a late night call at 11pm last night when Autumn wanted to call her best friend Toey (aka Chloe) yes she was still awake and talking to me at 11pm I don't remember what else we conversed about but she will remind me for sure if I forget.
Post a Comment