This is for you Sister Bear.
Newsflash: Chloe slept for 14 hours yesterday. That would be from 6 PM until 8 AM.
It was amazing.
I also have good news.
We are back in business today.
This morning I looked at my house and said, "Wow. Our house looks like the ________ ."
I will not tell you who the ___________ are, but rest assured it is none of you. And rest assured the __________, could honestly and seriously win the award for the grossest house in America. Also, the parents ended up in jail. So...
But by this afternoon my world was put back in order.
I got my house back together, and we got a new (used) washing machine.
Did I mention our washing machine officially broke this time?
So we did some research.
I looked on Craigslist.
And I found one advertised for 60 bucks.
So I contacted them.
And this is the email I received back:
"yes i have, if you want you can come pick it up now or before 3pm, my address is _______, the department look like small houses."
I thought this email was funny.
I just couldn't buy a washer from someone who called their apartment a department.
I hope no one is offended by that.
Well we decided that maybe buying a washing machine off of Craigslist might be a bit sketchy.
So we went the safer route, Spencer's Used Appliances. ( I wrote their name so if someone googled their store, they would end up on my blog. Welcome to Triple M and Company!)
Anyway,
after some unpleasant water moving (did you know that water sitting in a washing machine for a few days, can get very, very stinky?)
we are now catching up on a weeks worth of laundering.
And by "we" I mean Don.
I am...blogging.
He told me, "You know, you don't get paid to blog."
And I said yes, unfortunately that is true.
But your comments are like rubies and gold to me.
Anyway, speaking of stinky water that reminds me of a story.
Story:
One time when I was at BYU I was walking up to campus. It was a very warm day. And I was very warm. Because it was a very warm day. The sun was shining. It was very warm.
Anyway, I was parched and I needed some moisture on my lips. I reached into my backpack and pulled out a water bottle.
It had been there for...well I am not sure...and I wasn't sure back then either...and I took I nice giant swig.
And then I almost vomited.
Turns out, an opened water bottle sitting in your backpack can turn to pond scum in a matter of a few days.
So my thirst was not quenched on that very warm day. When the sun was shining, and the ground was hot. Even the birds were too hot to sing.
It was a hot day.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
14 hours of sans-kid time is fantastic! What did they give her in nursery?? I'm pretty sure you could pull off the pencil skirt look, but I agree. They need to stop with those already. I mean, who wants to wear a skirt that basically allows one's bosoms to rest at the top of it? Awkward...I put your button on my blog. Well, I would have if it had worked.
Post a Comment