Hello!!!I created a button-you can copy and paste this and you can have my button on your blog!
///gllhplplp1ok945824050uknks//fajkper[0y7q--9ui[jk[/asdlfkajhflakfjq[peuj
Just kidding. I just thought it would be fun to pretend that people would want to put my button on their blog...or to think that people actually read my blog....
I put my friend's button on my blog. You see it up there? "The Sassy Pepper." She is very talented and crafty. And as my roommate had me laughing hysterically evey night.
Remember how I said Chloe makes me "Draw Ko-ee! Draw Ko-ee!"
Well now you know what my rendition of Chloe looks like.
And she makes me draw this over, and over...and over...and over again.
What a weird kid.
Only last night she made me draw mermaids. Which was definitely a stretch to my abilities.
So I watched "The Office" last night, and Pam and Jim finally had a baby.
I thought it was hilarious.
That was the most true to life "I'm having a baby" portrayal I have ever seen on tv.
For example:
It really was funny when the nurse asked if they wanted to have her take the baby to the nursery for the night.
And Pam and Jim lovingly say, "I think we can handle it."
Next scene they are fighting over how to put the diaper on and showing just how hard nursing really is at first.
And then the lactation specialist working with Pam ...and Jim is sitting there all awkward, trying to help, and Pam just thinks he is annoying.
Taking care of a baby the first time, does not come naturally!
At least for me.
So I thought it was funny.
Another topic I want to discuss:
So anyone that knows me, knows that skirts are my thing.
People think I like to dress up because I wear skirts all the time, but the truth is,
I wear skirts because I like to dress down.
That's right.
I think skirts are infinitely more comfortable than jeans.
They are roomy and breezy and...I love them.
However. I am deeply disappointed by the trend of skirts these days.
I enjoyed a Honeymoon Skirt period, where there were many skirts in the stores that were roomy and fit my criteria.
And now, not so much.
Now the only skirts I see are short skirts (cannot wear)
And tight skirts (do not want to wear).
And so, this makes me sad.
And Don happy.
Because I don't buy skirts anymore.
And the last topic I wanted to talk about.
Last night Don was doing laundry over at my brother in laws house, because our washing machine OFFICIALLY broke.
And I was looking on facebook.
And there is this dumb quiz that says "Friend FAQ-see what your friends say about you."
I was like, I got a few minutes to kill, why not.
And the questions were mostly what you would expect, although some were really mean, but no one is supposed to answer honestly anyway.
"Do you think Melissa Mott Mortensen is cute?"
"Do you think Melissa Mott Mortensen ever failed a class?"
"Do you think Melissa Mott Mortensen is a good spouse?"
"Do you think Melissa Mott Mortensen has good taste?"
Well I got all the expected answers, because like I said, what friend is going to answer honestly.
Well imagine my surprise to the question:
"Do you think Melissa Mott Mortensen has good taste? No"
I said, How rude!!!
But to find out who said it you have to earn coins by doing these stupid time wasting things like taking quizzes or surveys.
So I can't believe it, but I actually went to the effort of earning coins so I could see who said I had bad taste.
After I earned enough coins, I found out who said that dastardly comment. And turns out, I don't even know the person. She is not even a friend on facebook.
Anyway. I learned a few lessons.
1. Do not play stupid games on Facebook.
2. Do not waste time on Facebook.
3. If you hear something bad about yourself, do not spend the time trying to figure out who said it.
That is all.
2 comments:
I totally agree about the Office episode. It was so true to life. My first night in the hospital with Laela was horrible (JJ had gone home to sleep). Probably the worst night of my entire life - worse than labour. Why? Because I felt like perhaps I wasn't going to be able to do this whole mothering thing. Finally the nurse did take the her to the nursery after I begged and cried. The hospital I was at had a policy to leave the baby in the room with the mother. Anyhow, I thought it was really funny to watch the Office and kind of remember all that. And all the breastfeeding - ha ha ha, finally, something true to real life (and that's what makes it funny!)
I know! I asked the nurse to take chloe to the nursery and they said no. Don went and slept at home too. I was totally exhausted from 2 days of labor and I just wanted to sleep. And then I realized that it would be a long while before I could get a good night's sleep! Ahhhh....but she was worth it. But I am not one of those woman who enjoy the newborn stage! I just cried...and cried...and cried. Weird.
Post a Comment