Monday, March 29, 2010

I love the month of April.
I am so glad it is coming.
Birthdays.
Anniversary.
Parties....

So I am happy.
But I wish this next Monday would roll around sooner.
I have a date with destiny with my OB to see what the heck is going on.
I am glad Easter is this weekend to keep me occupied but man is it really only Tuesday tomorrow?

Patience is not my strong point.
Drives Don crazy that I can't even get home with a pizza without sampling a slice in the car.
Or that I put empty wrappers on the grocery store conveyor belt.
This is probably a result of my parent's poor parenting.
Kidding...that is just the thing these days...you know...blaming your flaws on your parents.
Good thing I am practically perfect, as well as my parents.

Oh except for I am not patient.
As previously mentioned.

Today has been marred in frustration.
I dropped my cell phone and some how it slid underneath my fridge.
I tried to get it out but only managed to cement it's irretrievable position.
Even Don failed at getting it out.
And he is no quitter mind you.

Also:

Melissa's Rental Movie Reviews:
"The Blind Side" Loved it. Poor Sandra.

"Bright Star" Jane Austenish type of movie without any of the humor or happy ending. If you like poetry and melodrama romance than this one is for you.
This one was not for me.

"Ice Castles" This movie requires no comment as the mere title should give away its watchability.

My piano teacher made me play the theme to "Ice Castles" way back when.
This was his idea of pop music.
He frowned upon pop music.
"Pop music is junk music. It is really only 3 chords repeated over and over again."
I got this lecture quite frequently.
He only really liked Bach, Beethoven, Shubert, Shumann, Brahms, etc. etc.
I suppose I should have been exited to get to play a "pop" song.
However I was like 10, and never saw the 70's movie "Ice Castles."
But I believe "pop" music is by nature current.
So Dear Piano teacher, I must disagree that I was allowed to play "pop" music.

I also learned to play "Beauty and the Beast" and "Everything I Do, I Do it For You"...also known as the longest pop song of all time, and the song that you NEVER EVER EVER want to get stuck dancing with the smelly lurpy guy that tells you you have really pretty eyes, and then sings the song to you, while you are dancing to the last song at the church dance.
You know it's true.

2 comments:

Trav and Ab said...

You make me laugh! Seriously though, I hope your Doctors appointment goes the way that you want it to!

Leisa Waldron said...

haha. Love the church dance part. Totally true.