Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear AM/PM,
I do not like you.

This is why.

Today I was going to run out of gas so I had no other choice than to frequent your business.

I put in my credit card.
Was asked by your machine, "There is $.45 fee to use card. Do you agree?"
Um....what? Is this 1994 or something?
Well I had no other choice than to agree because I was out of gas.

Next question your machine asks me:
"Do you want a car wash?"
No. I do not. I pushed the appropriate button.
Nothing happened.
Finally machine said "card declined."

So I Repeated process.
Same result.

Went into store for the first time, said machine wasn't working.
Found out machine only takes DEBIT card.
Again...is this 1994?

So I went back out, put my DEBIT card in.
Same thing.
Only this time I never got past:
"Do you want a car wash?"
Dangit!! NO I do not want a car wash! I just want gas, please, please, please give me some already!

Went into store second time.
He just ran my card for me in the store.

Went back outside.
Stuck the nozzle in.
No idea why, but I would get some gas, and then it would click and stop...click and stop...click and stop...
Apparently pump number 4 is possessed.

Went inside for the 3rd time.
Unfriendly sales associate number 2 just informs me I have to push down.
"Ya-that's what I was doing."
I get a blank stare from sales associate.
With obvious irritation seething from ever pore of his body, he reluctantly follows me out to the pump.

Inserts nozzle, "You just press down."
Walks away.

Translation: You are the stupidest girl on the planet and I feel annoyed I even had to be in your presence.

Well sir...I had to go into your store 3 times and I am sorry, I have been to plenty of gas stations, and have never had any of these issues with any of them.
And I am sorry, but that dumb nozzle was not working for me.

Oh and your gas was way more expensive than other the other gas stations too.

Why am I writing this down?
Because they did not have a comment box in their store and I do not like feeling like a moron. I am a paying customer.
And if they did have a comment box, it would probably cost $.45 to tell them how I really feel.
I am not really sure why I am so irked about it....
But now, I feel better.

4 comments:

HeatherC said...

Um, that blog post will be 45 cents please.

Pepper said...

Arggghhh. I am mad for you.

The Mumfords said...

I finally got caught up on your blog - it's been too long. We boycott AM/PM for the reason that it charges you to use a card - dumb.
We got a washer off Craigslist for $45. It's REALLY old but still works for now. We figured that if it broke we wouldn't be out too much money. But if they would have called their apartment a department we would have changed our minds too.

Christine said...

Lol. I had this same experience with AM/PM the one and only time I stopped there because I thought I was about to run out of gas. Let's just say the next time I think I'd rather just run out of gas.