Monday, July 22, 2013



I can't believe how quickly the summer is going by.  We are pretty much done with Chloe's swim teams for the summer.  She just has one more meet to participate in.  We are really proud of her and the progress she made this summer.  She has gotten really good at the backstroke.  And I love that she still manages to infuse her style into her swimming attire.  As I have mentioned before, she plans out her whole swimming competition look.  We bought her a speedo and she was not to thrilled with it because it was mostly black with just a little pink.  But we tried to convince her it was a great one (because well, it was the only option), so she agreed to try it on.  In the fitting room I heard her say to herself as she looked in the mirror, "Okay...so I'm imagining in my brain, it with my pink swim cap...and my pink and black shoes...and then my swim dress...and my pink goggles...okay, ya it will look good."  Seriously?

Yesterday her friend came over and when she rang the door bell rang, Chloe pops up off the couch and says, "Oh no! She's here! I'm not fancy enough!"
Yesterday she also told me she was feeling "worried" because she was thinking about being a grown up....and she was afraid of whether or not she could take care of a baby.  I see the family worrying gene is being passed down nicely to future generations. (better work on that.)
Also she is very proud of herself that she finally learned how to put her hair in a rubberband.
Chloe is so thoughtful and kind.  And I love that she thinks of other people and how she can surprise them and make them happy with her notes and pictures and gifts.

Macie continues to love shoes.  And still puts them on the wrong feet 98% of the time.  My favorite is when she wears two different shoes...and on the wrong feet.  And I let her do it.  Because you are only 2 once.
And she continues to dance whenever and wherever she hears music.  That includes the grocery store, church, and Doctor's offices.  My favorite was at church when she heard the piano playing "All Creatures of Our God and King."  She made her way out to the aisle to do her dance routine, she just couldn't contain herself. 

Here we are on the last official day of swim practice.  I now hate that shirt.

1 comment:

Anona said...

I cant decide what to comment on. I just read the last 3-4 posts and laughed my brains out!!! The poop! The hair! Disneyland! Hilarious! I LOVE reading your blog! :)