“Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different...” -C.S. Lewis
Maybe everyone has already heard this quote besides me. I heard it for the first time recently, and I really liked it. Although it was attributed to Calvin and Hobbes in the original post, not C.S. Lewis, so I am not sure if C.S. Lewis really said it. It doesn't sound like C.S. Lewis to me, it is way too simple.
At any rate, that's how I feel when I look back at my blog. I can't believe how much my children have changed and how day by day their growing and changing has been imperceptible. I watched a home video of Chloe when she was 3 and was dumbfounded. I had forgotten what she was like at 3. She has grown up so much! It hurt my heart to see her as a little 3 year old and to realize and quickly it flies by!
Today is also the 13th Anniversary of the day my Mom left this earth. It is hard to believe it has been 13 years, but on the other hand, it feels much longer than that. So I will be thinking of her even more than I usually do today. And I hope that she knows that.
No comments:
Post a Comment