Tuesday, July 9, 2013

 

Chloe turned her shopping cart into a bed.  And really intended on sleeping in it last night.  I told her she could, thinking she would quickly realize it was a horrible idea.
She didn't.
so I ended up having to tell her it was a horrible idea.
She still hasn't been able to get the unfortunate poop dream out of her brain...Last night she told me again about her woes, and I told her that when I want to get rid of a bad thought, I just think of something else I want to think about and then I can't even remember the bad dreams anymore.
And she told me , "I can't forget about them. I have a good brain."
Which I am not sure what that that means in relation to my brain.
Also, Chloe recently discovered the movie "Pocahontas." ie. The worst Disney movie ever made. And the kid likes it.  She rewinds the ending and watches it over and over again.  Apparently she likes watching the wounded soul mate of Pocahontas shipping off into the distant colors of the wind, or something like that.
The only way I can even handle the ending, is remembering that the true story of Pocahontas bears pretty much no resemblance to the Disney movie...the real life story is even worse.
The only thing I think weirder than Disney making a cartoon about Pocahontas, is them trying to make a children's movie based on "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."
Hopefully they won't try to make a cartoon based on "The Hunger Games."  But I would like to see them try.

No comments: