Chloe: "Mom? Do dogs believe in God?"
Me: "Uh....ya, I guess so. What do you think?"
Chloe: "I don't think they do...because they are too loud to go to church."
Yesterday I was looking pretty shabby. As in I was wearing the same clothes that I went to bed in the night before. As I was putting Chloe to bed, she says to me, "Mom, you didn't look very pretty today. You didn't even do your hair. And you should have changed your clothes."
(what does the kid expect? It's not like it's Sunday.)
Chloe also has been lecturing me on not lying to myself. Like when I say we're leaving, but then I end up jabbering with someone else for another 10 minutes. So she tells me, "Mom! You need to listen to yourself! You are not telling yourself the truth! You need to listen to your heart! You said you were leaving, but then you just kept taaaaaalking and taaaaalking! You need to listen to what your brain is telling you to do!"
She is my own little Jimminy Cricket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment