Sunday, July 7, 2013

4thof July

 
Today at church Chloe whispered to me that she had a really bad dream last night.
She said that in her dream she ate something  really gross.
I asked her what it was.
She whispered almost inaudibly, "poop."
We giggled.
A minute later she whispers to me again, "Mom, I can't stop thinking about.  I feel like I can taste it in my mouth, and I think I am going to throw up."
I look at her and she is dry heaving.
I told her to think of a lollipop.
Once again she repeated that she couldn't get the taste out of her mouth.
 
That it is my potty humor for the day.  I admit, I thought it was funny, even though I normally poo poo potty humor.  Get it, get it?
 
Anyway.  The 4th came and went last week. We went to our annual ward breakfast where they had a huge grown up slip and slide.  I really wished I had worn a swimming suit.  Chloe went on it once. I didn't witness it, I just heard about the aftermath from her, and her feeling guilty that she ran into a "big boy." 
Also last week she told me that after swim practice she failed to receive a donut like the other kids.
"I just sat there on my towel waiting for them to notice me, and they never did.  I just sat there with my hot face."
So disappointments all around for Chloe last week.
 
 
 


I bought the gals some patriotic hair bows for Independence Day because I know how to properly celebrate.

After the breakfast we came home and relaxed before heading over to a BBQ with our friends the Carrs, Wests, and Matrtzs. We all had fun...except for when Macie fell and got a bloody nose, and then fell asleep a few minutes later and we all worried she had a concussion. 
But she didn't.
After that we went to the Sutherland's house to watch our own fireworks.  Too bad our kids fell asleep in the car on the way over there and acted miserable and tired while we tried to watch fireworks.  Also, it was really, really hot. 
and that was our 4th of July.
Also last week we celebrated Adam's and Dad's birthday.  I tried to make my Dad strawberry shortcake but unfortunately there was no flour available that was not crawling with weavils.  So I used pancake mix.
P.S. I really miss the days when chloe was totally fine with bad hair.  But at the time, I just wished she would let me comb it.  But now...I am her personal hair stylist and she is incredibly picky.  If I haven't mentioned it, I shall mention it again. I HATE FLAT IRONING HER HAIR.  I think it is tragic that a person with curly red hair wants her hair  to be bone straight. And, she is 6.  I don't think I cared what my hair looked like when I was 6.  I don't think I even combed it up until 6th grade. 
That is all.

No comments: