Sunday, April 8, 2012

Today is Easter. And Easter is almost over. And I am pooped. Chloe left this afternoon after our family party to her Grandma and Grandpa's house. I already am missing her. But on the other hand...
So these couple of pictures are of when I found Chloe had put Macie in her retired baby swing because I had put her toys in the garage as punishment. So Chloe just took Macie out to the garage so she could be with her cherished toys. The cherished toys that she didn't care a squat about for the past 6 months.
So the other week Chloe was obsessed with cooking these special treats she found in a strawberry Shortcake pamphlet. The recipe called for really annoying things. Sidenote: I hate kid recipe books and how they call for expensive crap. Like this recipe said I needed "marzipan" and "candy pearls." Basically they wanted you to take an already made poundcake, dip it in chocolate, cover it in marzipan, and then decorate it with expensive specialty candies so it looks "fancy." Chloe kept telling me we needed to buy marzipan. I don't even know where to buy marzipan.
So I did some recipe tweeking. I got a pink cake. And some other cheap stuff and we made this:

Beautiful aren't they? In fact I feel rather nauseous looking at this picture. But ever since we made these, I have not had to hear anymore about needing marzipan, so that's good.
I found this picture on my camera and it makes me chuckle because clearly Chloe is staging this shot. I can just imagine her little mind saying, " I know what would be a great picture! I'll put this red heart lid on my pink flower pillow!"
And here are some pictures from today: We did not get a family picture. Today was insane and I basically was too pooped to make a family picture happen. But here are the girls in their Easter get ups.









Chloe picked out her Easter dress this year. Of course it was pink. She loves it and so do I. It is nice when we agree on clothes. I tried the other day to get her to wear something, and I told her it was "cool." Too which she replied, "Mom I don't like cool things. I only like pretty things."
I picked out her shoes, but she loves them. I knew she would. they are sparkly and pink.
Our other Easter festivities this year were going to our Church Easter picnic. Chloe got a fairy kite. Which needed a lot more wind then we had. But somehow Don got that Kite flying high. Chloe also had a ball dyeing her Easter Eggs. And I am enjoying the fabulous smell of hard boiled eggs in my refrigerator, one of my top 15 least favorite smells. I tried to make deviled eggs today but I ran out of time. And I also put egg in my hair to make it shiny but then I washed it out with hot water which was really dumb because I ended up with cooked egg in my hair. Then I had to pick it all out. And then Don told me my hair smelled bad. So I am kind of over eggs for a little while.
And now for the stories of the week that gave me a chuckle:
Chloe got a game called "Pinkalicious." Yes a game based on the book. I would say they are milking that book for everything they can. Anyway Chloe tried to get Chelsey to play. She pestered her and pestered her. And then pestered her some more.
Chelsey hates a lot of things. One of those things is games.
After countless asking Chelsey finally conceded, "Okay I'll think about it. The answer is NO!!!!!!"
I took Chloe to the mall with me and she went and posed in the store window and then asked me if I wanted to pretend to be fake too.
On the way home from the mall she asked me, "Mom, how is the moon following us?" And I said, "Go ask your father."
While we were dyeing Easter eggs, Macie got a hold of one of the cups filled with vinegar, she took a sip...and then threw a little fit. And then I gave her an egg and she put the yolk right in her mouth and then she threw another fit. She must have been surprised to realize that not all food is manna from heaven.

1 comment:

RHulsey said...

So did you pretend to be fake in the window too?