Sunday, April 22, 2012

Today as we were driving home from church Chloe said,
"Mom you know what? I think I am the prettiest girl in the land!"

(we might need to work on humility with this child).

And I asked, "Do you think I am pretty?" (which as I write this, I think I might be sending my daughter the wrong lesson in my attempt to get a funny response from her, which I did get, by the way.)

And she said, "Yes! You know what Mom? I think that when you wear makeup I think that you're like a Queen!"

And that made me chuckle for a good solid minute. (Don said, "What about without your make up?" Precisely.)
Raising girls is a tricky balance.
On one hand, I want my girls to be confident in their own skin, and so I tell them how beautiful they are. This is in preparation for Junior High. And on the other hand, I don't want to make their beauty the main focus, because obviously their are more important things. Namely: kindness.

Well that's all.

No comments: