Monday, April 16, 2012

Chloe's back! With a vengeance!
We went and picked her up Saturday night and it was like Christmas morning. Chloe and Macie hugged and giggled and were clearly ecstatic to be back in physical contact. Emphasis on physical contact. Chloe tackled Macie a trillion times, but Macie seemed to love the attention.
Of course my house stayed very clean for the week she was gone, but the chaos and monotony that accompanies motherhood is a very small price to pay for the complete genuine joy and satisfaction my little girls give to me every day.
It was good to have this little break to remind me what matters most.
I know my children won't be children forever, and I want to soak up every second of their sweet innocent, untidy souls.

Other happenings of last week:
Chelsey turned 24, we went out to eat to celebrate. she got an I-Pad. I imagine that will be a source of contention around here being that Chloe will want to play with it and Chelsey, well, she will most definitely not want Chloe to play with it. She thinks 4 year olds are not to be trusted with any of her technical devices.
Also my brother turned in his dissertation and passed his defense, or whatever it is you have to do when you get your PHd. So that is pretty huge for him.
Also we cleaned our garage and got rid of a bunch of crap which totally rocked. We love our street. Every year the street does a big garage sale and there is a huge dumpster parked on the street where everyone can dump their junk. This is the friendliest street I have ever lived on. We actually know our neighbors. And people put out their American flags, not just on holidays.
AND it was actually cold this weekend. Which was super fantastic. And that is all the positive things I can think of to say today. I would say this is a very positive blog post. Good job self. don't worry. My normal posts will return shortly I am sure.

No comments: