Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tonight I took a trip to the Mall with my posterity.

I said posterity, not prosperity.

Although I did buy 3 cookies for 1 dollar at Subway. They were sort of stale. Too bad Paradise Bakery was already closed because they have really tasty cookies.

Anyway I needed to get out of the house. Don was still working so I decided I would try out my new sit and stand stroller at the Mall. I love my sit and stand stroller. One of these days I hope Macie decides to actually sit in something happily besides my arms.

Our first stop was Pottery Barn Kids which I think is an evil store. Why does everything in there have to be so cute and so expensive? And themed. I am really a lover of themes. They had this mermaid duvet cover. And I think I could really get into that theme. Maybe Chloe will let me do a room for her with a mermaid theme. She said she wants a room with a Dora theme. And I just don't think I can do it.

Then we stopped at a clothing store. Which depressed me further. I swear their clothes are for miniature women. Or for women that have not hit puberty will full force I guess. Although my perception might be a little skewed being that I recently gave birth to a good size bowling ball. Oh, by the way. DON'T try on clothes for a long, long, long...long time after giving birth. It was not all that helpful to my self esteem.

So you know what I did? Well I bought some cookies and ate them. And then I came home and had thirds of my dinner. And listened to my screaming baby all the way home.
And now I hear the delightful moaning of a half awake child.
So now I go to attend to the people who I hope stop with their ear shattering sounds soon.

I think it best I stay away from the Mall.

1 comment:

Becky Filhart said...

amen, amen, and amen to everything you wrote in this post. everything. it was perfection.

and i'll make you feel better about yourself. kai is 6 1/2 months old and after losing the initial 20 lbs really quick, i have successfully gained all but 7 pounds i was at when i delivered him.

life sucks sometimes.