Friday, March 25, 2011

Today was insane.
I wandered around my house all day trying to get stuff done and getting nothing done.
Cleaning my house is like picking up sea shells at the sea shore. You pick some up, then turn around, and by george, there's a bunch more to pick up.
And at least if you are picking up sea shells you probably don't have the sound of a screaming baby, just the gentle ocean waves...aaaaahhh...that was my one tranquil thought for the day.

But this is rather comical:
Don has a scout camp out tonight.
He was in a rush to get out and they all piled into another scout master's car.
Well I am sweeping my floor for the 23rd time today and I notice Don's backpack just sitting there.
Hmmm. Bet that would come in handy tonight...
So I call him.
"Hey Don you left your pack."

And he says, "oh darn. can you meet me here over at Wal Mart? We are doing some shopping?"

I say, "Sure."
Somewhat of a pain, but no big deal, and it will save them time coming all the way back.

Well I look around for the Mazda keys and can't find them
So I call Don.
"Hey Don. Do you have the Mazda keys?"
And he says, "Yep. Oh darn. Well can you just drive the Jeep?"

And I say, "Sure."
Now this is somewhat of a larger pain because the Jeep is parked right in front of the Mazda and it will take some creative maneuvering to get that sucker out. But I look forward to the opportunity of proving to Don that I am in fact an excellent driver, so I welcomed the challenge.

So I get everyone in the car. Including my SCREAMING baby, who thinks the car seat must be some contraption that is going to send her speedily down a steep and tretcherous path to he** ....
And then guess what happened....

I turn the key and...
THE JEEP BATTERY IS DEAD.

Amazing.
Needless to say, that is when I officially threw in the towel.

No comments: