Friday, September 17, 2010

You know what comes in pretty handy sometimes?
My Dad being an OB/GYN.
Especially when I am pregnant.
Yes I am a little spoiled.
Because I can speak to a Doctor at all hours of the night.
And not feel bad.
In fact how do the rest of you all do it?
I called him at 11 PM last night and told him I had to go to the bathroom about every five minutes.
And then he told me he was bringing me cranberry juice.

Did I ever tell you that when I was in labor with Chloe...that wasn't progressing after a day and half...that my Dad came over with his monitor and hooked me up to check Chloe's heart rate when I had a contraction.

And then he said, "I'll be right back. I am going to go show it to your Doctor at the hospital."
And then he called me and said, "They are going to admit you."
And I said, "Score!"
What my Dad had neglected to tell me was that Chloe's heart rate was dropping with every contraction.
That's why I got in.
I thought I was getting special treatment because my Dad knows everyone over there.
Anyway, they induced me and Chloe was born....with a knot in her chord...And I thought to myself, thank goodness for my Dad.
I have the best Dad in the whole entire world.

4 comments:

ottspot said...

Sawyer had a knot in his cord too. Acrobats!

Brooke said...

Those of us without fathers as ob's wake our husband up almost every night asking for a blessing and then can't explain why we are crying and what is wrong.......... I giess the pregnancy paranoia really gets to me. Good thing I haven't been pregnant for a whole 2 1/2 weeks now although i'm far from being back to normal.

Emily Ruth said...

Your Dad rocks, that is for sure! My Dad ain't a doc, but his wife is. Unfortunate for them as I have made more than my share of 2 a.m. calls ; )

Lucia said...

LUCKY, those of us w/out DR. DADs go to the hospital when they don't feel the baby moving and pay a butt load of money for them to tell you that everythings OK. Congrats on the pregnancy:)