Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shopping.

So I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.
And today I had one goal: use it.
I have been looking like a sad sack of potatoes lately and I was looking forward to a little pick me up.
Surely there had to be something in the great expanse of Chandler Fashion Square Mall worth purchasing. Right?
Wrong.
First I tried Nordstrom Rack. I visually scanned over the racks using my Super Woman type vision, and said, welp, I feel tired.
So then I went to Anne Taylor Loft.
Surely she wouldn't let me down.
She did.
Then I went to Motherhood.
And well, that was just depressing. I mean if I was looking for something to wear to a funeral I would have to look no further. They had plenty of shapeless black frocks and diaper jeans. And plaid.
Then I walked past the kiosk that sells all those prom hair attachments.
I thought, well maybe I could get one of those.
I think my hair might look nice half straight/half prom curls. Plus I could get a piece with like green jewels. I like the color green.
I passed.
Maybe I could get a pretzel.
Then I got distracted by the annoying guy with the kiosk that sells all that skin care crap. Starts with a "Sea" or something....I desperately started texting on my phone in an attempt to look busy. No, I do not want a hand massage to see how soft and supple it makes my skin feel.
Then I wandered around aimlessly for another 2 hours or so.
Thinking thoughts such as, "I hate skinny jeans. And tight mini skirts. And ankle boots. And the color grey." And, "Why is J. Crew so expensive? and I can't wear sweaters for another 2 months. And well, I guess it is back to my white moo moo after all."
Then I went shoe shopping.
Surely, SURELY a pair of shoes would lift my spirits?
I found a pair.
Then I remembered that I have a pair of red heels already.
And that these heels are 60 dollars.
And then I will only have 2 pairs of red high heels to wear and only a white moo moo to wear them with.
So I put them back.
And then I went and got 2 tacos from El Pollo Loco and drove home.
And took my clothes off.
And now I am back to square one.

Oh well.
I guess you guys won't be seeing me for another 6 months or so.
Oh wait. Tack on another 6 for post partum.
See you in a year.

No comments: