Sometimes I forget that there are places in the world that get below 100 degrees in the summer. Oh wait, are we officially Fall now? Anyway, as I was saying, so sometimes I like to take little trips places where I can be reminded that such places exist. This weekend we got invited by Don's sister to their cabin in Greer, AZ. It was heavenly. I got to wear long sleeves and a jacket. And I felt something I haven't felt in a very, very long time: cold. It was nice while it lasted. When we got home (at 2 AM because a certain someone wanted to watch a particular football game between Boise State and Virginia Tech, aka Chloe) we were greeted by our stifling house, the AC went out (again) while we were gone. Welcome home Mortensens! But I am pleased to say, we got it working again, and I am once again enjoying (fake) cool air. I am really big on the ( ) today for some reason. You will probably be seeing a lot more of them.
Chloe got a hold of the camera. She takes some nice shots.

We took a drive up a mountain to see the view. And then everyone walked down the hill (here is the use of more ( ) Also on this trip was Don's brother and his family.) I drove down the hill. I rolled my ankle just standing. Someone asked Don how I hurt my ankle and he said, "She was just standing there." Which is pretty much true. I tend to hurt myself even just standing. Anyway I figured I better not risk rolling down a hill. Afterall, there are 2 lives at stake now.

Chloe surprised me with this shot.
Not this one, as you can tell.

They purposefully posed this way. I told them I was going to take a picture and they turned around. I guess they think this is their best side.


Chloe's self portrait. Not bad.
There was this awesome watchamacallit.I felt like I worked at the Renaissance Fair making it work. That will only be funny to people who have been to the Renaissance Fair where all their rides are human powered. And all the Fair workers look like they haven't bathed in months.

Other activities involved sitting on the porch, eating, cleaning up after eating, sleeping, eating, cleaning up after eating, smores, walks in forest meadows, eating, cleaning up after eating.... We had a fabulous time. It was just what I needed. And well, hopefully everyone else had fun too. I think they did. Except for when Chloe threw up in the middle of the night. Other than that, I think everyone had fun.
Other activities involved sitting on the porch, eating, cleaning up after eating, sleeping, eating, cleaning up after eating, smores, walks in forest meadows, eating, cleaning up after eating.... We had a fabulous time. It was just what I needed. And well, hopefully everyone else had fun too. I think they did. Except for when Chloe threw up in the middle of the night. Other than that, I think everyone had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment