Monday, December 7, 2009

On Christmas Decorating:

I like to decorate.

You know I am not one of those homemakers that relishes in making things homemade though.

I do not sell anything on etsy.com.

I wish it were a talent. I really do.

I look at friends who do possess that talent and I say to myself-WOW!!!!

You ladies rock it. You really do.

Nevertheless, I like to decorate. It is probably one of my favorite things to do.

But I consider shopping my talent.

(And Don considers it his curse.)

Every once in awhile I forget my un-craftiness (usually after feeling inferior to my crafty friends after reading their blogs) and make my way over to Martha Stewart.com for some inspiration.

I read about her crafts and I feel very tired.

I read "sewing machine" and I say-PASS.

(Although I should keep in mind the time I saw Martha on Oprah and when asked about some ideas for quick recipes she said: (read in a Martha Stewart voice)
"Oh Yes...Well a Sun Dried Tomato Pasta is an easy and quick, yet elegant dinner.
First you take your tomatoes and set them out into the sun to dry...."

Obviously she is in a whole other (bordering on lunacy) league. In my (humble) opinion.

Anyway...

I say when it comes to crafts, isn't there anything that just involves shopping, and maybe some glue??!!

But then I remember, what is the point of trying to be crafty then if all it involves is shopping.

Take for example:


Now, this I can do.

But...that's because all I have to do is buy some cranberries and some flowers.

Well If you will excuse me I have to go to Target.

1 comment:

Leisa Waldron said...

I love cranberries and flowers! You do know how to decorate girl! :)