I have something to say. And everyone in this household is asleep (including Chloe in her own bed. Hoorah!...It only took 2 hours. But less screaming this time so we are making excellent progress).
Anyway we watched "Julie and Julia." I liked all the parts with Julia Child. But the Julie girl was kind of unlikeable. I don't even know why to be exact. It was probably because I read the 1st two chapters of the book and it only took me 2 chapters to get a bad taste in my mouth for her. Kind of narcissitic and negative. And she swore a lot and talked about icky things. But then again the book is about her so she does have the right to do that I suppose....
And then it got me thinking. Hmmm. I am a stranger reading her book, based on her blog about her. I don't know her. The only impression I get about her is from her writing. Perhaps in person she is completely different.
It kind of makes me shudder and think I should pull the plug on my own blog!
I guess just as long as a movie is not made based on my blog.
But wow, that would be a really boring movie.
It would be like:
scene 1: Chloe changing clothes
scene 2: Chloe making a big fat mess
scene 3: Chelsey says something funny
scene 4: Melissa talks about things she wants.
scene 5: Chloe making a big fat mess.
scene 6: Melissa talks about how much she loves food.
THE END of the movie.
And that pretty much sums up my blog, doesn't it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I read that book. Waste of time. I saw the movie...better and cleaner than the book. I looked up the author and read about her next book. Another memoir...this time about how she decided to learn to be a butcher and about the affairs she had and the affairs her husband had. I think I'll skip that one.
Cousin...someone with a Phoenix area code that came up as "US Cellular" just called me. Sooo if it was you, call my cell phone because my home phone doesn't work! It hangs up as soon as I answer and I can't dial out. It is a very useful phone.
The only difference is that when we read your blog we laugh and laugh and like you even more. Please, oh please don't give up your blog! It's our main source of entertainment.
Post a Comment