Elizabeth (on right) is my gym buddy and all around good friend. Great friend. She was the one that helped me peel millions and billions of yams for Thanksgiving. Anyway, she was in charge of our women's church party this year. And she did a fantastic job. She asked me if I wanted to help, and I said yes!! Because as I mentioned, I love parties. Elizabeth did all the painstaking things like grocery shopping and list making and delegating. The things that are not so fun about throwing parties.
I did stuff like suggest the food we should eat. Because I really like to eat.
And I suggested my current favorite food. Cafe Rio burritos. They are pretty trendy right now. Maybe one day the cafe rio burritos will be like jello. You know, the staple at Mormon parties. But if they are that won't be a bad thing. These babies are fantabulous.
Oh and we also had homemade tamales and I brought hot cocoa courtesy of my borrowed hot cocoa maker (thanks Becky!). And you know what the secret to luxurious hot cocoa is? Whole milk. Never. I repeat NEVER make it was water. That is a sin.Anyway it was a great night. Full of food, friends, music, thoughts and oh yes, pie. It really felt like Christmas too being that the temperature of the room never got above 60 degrees.
1 comment:
I will forever be greatful for all of your help with this party! I never could have done it without you and the rest of the committee. Especially since the great menu was your idea! I really don't like being in charge of parties. It stresses me out. Although it was nice to get all the compliments afterwards.
Did you hear why it was so cold in the building? Apparenlty earlier that day the City had stopped by to inspect the gas. They couldn't get in the building to do the inspection, so they shut off the gas!
Post a Comment