Friday, December 11, 2009

Last Sunday we went to Don's sister Kay's house. His other sister Denise (and husband Mark) were in town from New York. They come every year to help with the pecan harvest. Don's parents have a pecan orchard down in St. David, AZ. So Denise and Mark came up to the valley over the weekend.

Kay hosted an enchilada dinner. Oh and Texas Sheetcake. Have I mentioned that Texas Sheetcake rocks my world? I have to get the recipe for the REAL enchiladas because they make me very happy.

We had a great time with the family and seeing them. Denise told me she didn't want to be on the internet so I cut her face out. But there is her hand. Isn't it lovely?

I on the other hand have no problem plastering my face for millions of strangers to see and read about my personal life. Okay...if I put it that way maybe I do. I guess I figure there are millions of blogs and no one that doesn't care will bother to read little ole Triple M's Blog.

On a sidenote, if you will notice the picture above Chloe is wearing her Halloween costume. For the 3rd day in a row. I got her dressed for church that day and while I was in the other room she took off her dress and put on her Halloween costume and informed me "I ready Mom."

Thank you Chloe. We fought about that all the way to church and through church as I made the mistake of letting her carry in her costume just to get her in the building. Bad idea. For the entirety of church I had to listen to, "I wear Dress mom? I wear dress Mom? I wear dress Mom? I wear dress Mom?" You get the idea.

I am fully aware that I made my own bed and had to sleep in it. The same way I am aware that I made my own bed, and she has to sleep in it with me. Literally speaking.

Well Chloe. Aren't you glad you are my trial and error child? Don't worry. You can attend therapy later on in life and blame all your issues on your parents. That is the trend these days.



No comments: