Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Day for the Pop Culture History Books


Sidenote:Read the big long paragraph if you are wondering of what significance these pictures have.

Okay, so back in the day, my roommates and I were dancing fiends. Not only did we attend ALL the school dances (read paragraph below), we held many dances in our apartment. This picture still makes me laugh because I think I made my friend go dance next to this guy because I wanted to take a picture of him, because well, I basically wanted to marry him, um unfortunately (and I guess fortunately ) he didn't feel the same. After I took the picture the guy was like, "that was weird, it looked like you were taking a picture of me but I thought you were trying to take a picture of your friend." He was confused, and well, I didn't bother to explain my conniving ways for obvious reasons. If by any chance there is some way you (the guy) is reading this, all I can say is...ya I don't know what I can say....


And apparently this is a tactic I utilized quite often...only I think I took a picture of this guy for posterity sake-he was my boyfriend I think for 2 days. The relationship took a turn for the worse when I realized he had a slight obsession with cats. As in pretending to be a cat. He meowed. No. Seriously, he did. And purred. And would rub his head against my shoulder.

Once again, if by some chance you (the guy) is reading this all I can say is...now you know why the relationship only lasted 2 days, but for the record other than that small fact, you were a really, really nice guy. I hope you found a nice girl who really likes cats.



BREAKING NEWS TODAY


So I just checked my favorite internet news site, and it reported that Michael Jackson died....

So I am in shock. It was just yesterday that I was talking to an old college roommate about how much we used to love dancing to Michael Jackson. We had like a half hour conversation about him and how weird he became and our theories on why he had become so weird. My old roommate was a huge MJ fan and she could bust out some pretty good moves to "Beat It" It got all the guys. This was at Ricks College where it was consistently 3 degrees Farenheit and there was nothing else to do but escape the snow by going to a school sponsored dance. That is where we spent almost every Saturday night our Freshman year. And it was awesome. I was under the misguided impression that I was a pretty good dancer, and so the first night I met Don (4 years later), I busted out some of my moves in an attempt to impress him with my "skills." And months later when he was comfortable enough to tell me, he told me he was not all that impressed by my Roger Rabbit. He thought it made me look like I was 16. Apparantly just because your girlfriends think you are a good dancer, doesn't neccesarily mean guys think you are. Perhaps this is why I didn't have any dates my freshman year. Hmmmm.

Well weird day for American pop culture. Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.
Farrah Fawcett was before my time but MJ...thanks for the music.









1 comment:

emilymhjohnson said...

Oh my gosh! I think my sister Laura missed the chance to marry her soul mate! SHE MEOWS TOO! It is the most hideous thing. I thought she was a lone cat freak but apparently there are more out there! Fortunately (for her - not for me or for her future children), her new husband has cheerfully adopted the practice and has begun meowing back thus ensuring the persistence of this annoying habit through future generations. All I can say is grrrrrrrr! and HISSSSSS! Stupid cat people!