Saturday, June 6, 2009

Camp Geronimo and the Lonely Wives Club

Well Don just left with his scouts to good old Camp Geronimo.
He will be gone a week.
Boo hoo.
And I am car-less at least until Monday. Dang transmission again.


Actually, this week I have made plans and "busied myself up," as Chelsey would say.
My dream to go to Disneyland did not quite pan out, but I have not given up on that dream yet.
But I do have got some super-d-duper things planned.

All this got me thinking...I miss going to camp. I loved Church Girl's Camp. Although it wasn't really camping. We had a cafeteria and cabins. I wasn't one of those girls that cried because I missed my boyfriend and my hair products. I didn't have a boyfriend, and I was used to bad hair. It was great because we basically didn't have to do anything but hang out. Sometimes we made a little dippy craft. It definitely was not like Boy Scout Camp (thank goodness!) They have to do the Polar Bear swim and jump into a freezing cold swimming pool before dawn. Everything is scheduled down to the minute, I guess to keep the boys out of trouble. Good attitude Melissa is glad my husband can be a good role model for his scouts, even if it means we get ditched quite often. I hope the boys will remember their good experiences with scouts and hopefully pay it forward when they are adults. Boys need good male role models...and so do girls. But boys...they really need good men to show them what it means to be a good husband and father. Bad attitude Melissa hates sleeping alone.

Anyway, that is all.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

Your girls camp sounds more enjoyable than mine...we definitely had to pass swimming tests in a lake during a rain storm and tip our canoe over and then row it to shore and gather firewood and hike and...well...hanging out sounds like less work.