Chloe wanted to make sure that I wrote this down:
In Chloe's words:
"I was looking for some tape and I couldn't find any! So then I said a prayer! And I heard a voice say, 'go left...then right...then left...then right...now, go into your room!'
And when I went into my room, I found the tape!!!
I didn't hear the voice in my ears (points to ears)! I heard it in my mind (points to mind)!"
Also:
At Chloe's first swim team practice, it was a battle to get her to do it.
It involved quite a bit of bribing.
But she finally agreed.
By the time she finally agreed, the other kids had already lined up and were swimming their very first time across the length of the pool.
One by one they jumped in and raced to the end.
I sat nervously as I watched from the sidelines. Chloe was very last and all the other kids in the lanes had already finished their swim.
Chloe hesitated (and I cringed a little for her, and felt the hesitation in my own heart)...and then...she jumped in!
I watched her swim that entire lane by herself with everyone watching, with a small pit in my stomach. I remember being a kid and having moments like that- and I just hoped that this would not be one of those childhood memories (aka peeing your pants in the middle of the media center because you were too freaked out all day to ask your teacher if you could go to the bathroom).
But Chloe did it, and she got out, and she beamed.
I was so proud of her.
I loved seeing her doing something hard and overcoming her fear and seeing her confidence grow.
I also loved watching Macie act like she was also on the swim team.
She just got right in line with the other kids as they waited their turn to jump in the pool. And joined them on their towels for stretching time.
She loves going to the practices with me, and so far she has been too chicken of the water for me to have to worry about her jumping in unexpectedly.
As long as I have a bag full of snacks she is happy as a clam.
Speaking of snacks-she gorged herself on juice and fruit snacks last Thursday, and then threw up all over me as we were leaving practice.
And since Chloe had another one to go to, I just stayed in my throw up clothes.
I really enjoyed that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice! Do you ever wear clothes with out throw up, drool, poop, food, and boogers?!?!?!? Those days are long gone!
Post a Comment