I got a new bathing suit!
It took a lot of research and development. Hopefully this one pans out better than the last few bathing suits. Don pretty much hates every bathing suit I have picked out. One he says is the color of living room curtains from the1970's. One he says makes everything sag (Although I think that is not the suits fault, let's be honest here, everything pretty much sags without much help) One he likes, the one from Wal Mart. Figures. But that one has done it's job for 7 years and it is high time it retires itself to only private (in pitch black) backyard swimming. And the other one is the only one suitable for outside world consumption. But I feel like I am wearing a Prom dress when I wear it in the water.
Speaking of Prom...Today I put on my Prom dress, haven't put that thing on for 13 years or so. Chloe is having a Princess Tea Party for her Birthday, and she wanted me to try on my Princess dress. Although she said I am not to be a Princess, I am to be a Queen. It fit. Although breathing was a hassle. But here is the ironic thing-I went to the Mall and guess who I ran into at the Mall Play place? My Prom Date! And just to clarify, I NEVER put on my old Prom dress, and I NEVER see my old Prom date.
Back to swimming suits. I want to say a few things about swimming suits. For the most part, I hate them. I hate shopping for them. And for such a tiny amount of fabric, they are quite overpriced. And I find all these magazine articles and such about "Finding The Perfect Suit For Your Body" all a bunch of hogwash. The nature of a bathing suit is not going to hide any flaw because 1. It is very little fabric and 2. It is tight. So exactly how are you going to find a bathing suit that somehow disguises that you are a little pudgy, or a lot pudgy, or have dimply thighs. I mean, it is all right there for everyone to see. Rouching, buckles, embellishments do not trick people into not seeing your muffin top. Or your lovable, yet plump thighs. So let's just be honest about that. And if you are googling "Plus Size Bikinis," you probably should rethink that idea. Because no matter what Glamour magazine says, there is no bikini that is going to look good on you. The only way to make junk in the trunk, or any junk look good, is to cover it up. Or, make it darker. And since I don't really have the option of making things darker, I choose to cover it up. And that is all I have to say about bathing suits.
And now I would like to talk about Mother's Day. On Saturday we had our annual dinner at Leonore's house. And then Don took me to the Mall, dropped me off, and I ran inside with 10 minutes before the store closed, to get my Mother's Day present. I knew what I wanted. A skirt. Well the next morning I put it on for church and Don was not a fan. And despite what is sounds like, Don usually does not have many opinions when it comes to what I wear. Anyway, I took it back. But we had a nice Mother's Day. Don made me muffins. And cleaned the kitchen. And I felt grateful to have my two little munchkins who bring me so much joy and sunshine. Being their Mommy is a privilege.
So now I need to go and help make lemonade with Chloe. She wants to sell lemonade today. I really hope that upon spending 1 minute outside she will realize it is a lousy idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate buying swimming suits too. I can never convince myself to pay such astronomical prices so I usually buy one piece at a time from the clearance section, which is why my shorts never match my tankini top. Unfortunately my current too is worn out so I need to bite the bullet and swim suit shop his summer.
Also, you are such a nice mom, if Connor wanted a lemonade stand on a hot hot day, I would veto his idea.
Post a Comment