Oh, did I ever mention what happened with the lemonade stand? I don't think I did.
Well Chloe made it. And it was surprisingly pretty good. I honestly didn't do anything to help her with it.
And it was made out of lime juice, by the way, since that was all I had.
At any rate I wasn't too concerned with how it tasted since I didn't think we would actually be selling any.
Well we sat up our table outside, under some shade from our garage, and I started sweating profusely, as is what typically happens when it is 108 degrees outside.
Chloe was undeterred however. Not too many minutes into my torture, there was a crazy soul walking his dog. And by golly, he bought a cup. We were selling it for 5 cents, but all he had was a dollar. Lucky Chloe!
Although now she was even more encouraged that she had an ingenious idea.
Well we sat out there for like another half hour before I suggested that we walk a few houses down to my nice surrogate Grandma's house.
I thought sitting in the heat was bad. Turns out walking in the heat is even more unbearable.
At any rate, she was very kind to also pay Chloe a dollar for her lemonade. And we stuck around for a few minutes, just enough time for macie to spread her putrid smelly diaper fragrance around her house, and to pick up every fragile porcelain doll she could get get her sticky fingers on.
So Chloe made 2 bucks. Not bad. I just hope she doesn't want to do it again. I am sure she will. I just hope she doesn't want to do it again until November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment