Today it is supposed to be 117 degrees. I stepped 2 feet out of my house to get the mail, and decided right then and there that I would not be setting foot outside my house until most likely October. So if you would like to see me in person, please call and make an appointment. Or you can just drop by. Because like I said, I intend to not leave until Halloween.
Today is my Dad's birthday. He is the big 7-0. I can't believe it. My Dad is perpetually 40 in my eyes. I am always shocked when I find out someone I consider to be uh, elderly, is the same age as my Dad. Like the wonderful little old lady I know who is the samples lady at Costco. She is the same age as my Dad! How is this possible? But my Dad does not act 70, he likes naps, but he has ALWAYS liked naps so I don't think that is an age thing. He also still has brown hair. And he also still goes to work, doing surgeries and working at the County Medical Clinic, working 8 hour days. Don's parents are the same way. Don's parents work harder than us, hands down. Well harder than me. Don amazes me too. He is literally hauling dirt right now. 3 tons of dirt to be exact. But I couldn't go help. Because I have a lot to do. Like blogging. Someone's gotta blog, you know! Blogging doesn't just do itself, now does it?
My little Macie Moo is almost 5 months. And she is a dream baby. She hardly cries. You just look at her and she smiles.
And my Chloe continues to amuse and bewilder me. It seems she changes her obsessions daily. Now it seems she has found a liking to making forts in her bedroom and choosing to sleep on the floor instead of her bed. Yesterday I took her to Target and she wore blue stretch pants, a hot pink skirt, a purple polka dot shirt, a dark pink shrug, and two hats. And under one of the hats she put 2 small bottles of hand sanitizer. Also she found my bra yesterday and told me she had found my boo boo shells.
Well I tried to download some pictures but I give up. I shall try again later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I laughed so hard reading this post that I almost choked! I love you Melissa!
Melissa! I just want to tell you that I love reading your blog and I check it all the time. Thanks for all the great posts! Sorry it's so hot in AZ. Happy Bday Uncle Joe! Hooray for Macie! Hooray for Chloe! I love hearing about her.
Post a Comment