Saturday, July 16, 2011

I think I have decided that I need either 1. patience pills or 2. I need to start pounding the pavement. As in running, not like pounding it with my fist. That would not be too smart. Then I would break my fist. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to be a Mom, but man....some days I ask myself, "is this what I was born to do?"


We have been taking swimming lessons but chloe decided this week for some reason, that she is terrified of jumping off the side into the water.
This throws a wrench in our plans for her to become the female version of Michael Phelps.

So every morning our conversation goes something like this:


Me: Yay! It's time for swimming lessons. Let's get ready!


Chloe: But Mom, I don't wanna go to swimming wessons. I don't wanna jump in da pool. I just wanna swide in.


Me: How about an ice cream cone afterwards!


chloe: No...I just don't wanna jump in! You tell my teacher I not going to jump in!!


Me: But Chloe, you've done it before...it's not scary!


Chloe: No! No! No!

....
Me: Well which bathing suit are you going to wear? How about your pink one.


chloe: No!! I wear my Dora swimsuit! My fwend in my class, she not wear her pink one anymo.


Me: Just cause your friend doesn't wear her pink one, doesn't mean you can't wear yours. And Chloe, the Dora one is dirty.


Chloe: You go wook in da dirty cwothes for me? c'mone Momma. Les go.


....


Me: Chloe let's put sunblock on.


Chloe: No. I do it myself.


Me: Okay. Let me help you.


Chloe: No! I do it myself.


Me: Okay. Make sure you put it on your face.


Chloe: I did.


Me: Uh....no you didn't.


.....


On the flip side, she is also very endearing.
She has found a kindred spirit in her friend Bella.
They are what I would describe as rough and tough princesses.
It has been really nice because my friend and I have been switching off hosting.
And the girls just play and play and we are able to get some stuff done.
My friend and I are both in the process of moving (uh yes, we are still moving)
Don't ask.
I had Bella over the other day and they played for 8 hours straight.


Oh and on a completely other topic...here are some more pictures of my Reunion Choir Concert.




No comments: