We moved.
Finally.
When you move into a "new" house, you realize all the things that don't work.
And by golly there are a lot of things that don't work.
It makes me sad. : (
Our old house was a fix up too.
We gave it a new kitchen and new bathroom and a new backyard and front yard and new appliances.
I forgot what it is like to move into a fix up.
And my heart hurts a little for my cute little old house.
I have started a list of things that do not work. It makes me want to cry a few little tears. After I shed a few little tears, I will remember that there are starving children and children in orphanages and that puts things into perspective. So I will be grateful. I will. Nevertheless....
-water heater
-microwave
-2 burners on the stove
-dishwasher (thankfully that was figured out although it is archaic)
-oven has no racks
- decrepit bathtub that does not drain
-only one outlet in kitchen
-air conditioning in laundry room
-water/ice in refrigerator
-kitchen faucet
-cell phone
-Chloe's ear
Well that list does not look so long when I write it down.
But when 80% of your kitchen and 50% of your bathrooms don't work, it seems like a lot more.
And to end on a positive note...
uh...
Macie has a crib to sleep in now.
And she sleeps in it very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Moved three months ago without the help of my hubby who had had an accident and was in hospital while I had to "create" the moving. Fortunately in this house things are not a hm the standard of the house you describe. Nevertheless I had 6 weeks of almost total horror. One thing that kept me going, staying and strong was this thought "I´m a pioneer woman. I can do everything that I has to be done". And I did. Hope you´ll find this pioneer-feeling in you. I´m absolutely sure you will manage all these challenges :-))
(Also hope that my English is good enough to express my thoughts and ideas :-)
Dearest greetings from Lehrte near Hannover in Germany
Regina
Sorry! Moving sucks. Hang in there and post pictures when you get a chance! You can do it!!!
Post a Comment